Driving the next generation automotive company with Enterprise Data Platform
Our client, a global leader in the automotive industry, is a key player in the major digital transformation taking place throughout the industry. Their great attention to innovation has promptly led them to introduce Industry 4.0 technologies and, above all, to review the company functions, from Service to Dealers, and the digital communication channels they use internally and externally: a real key point of technological development.
In order to achieve a developmental path of this kind, based on Big Data and Analytics, the support of a Data Strategy, which includes and organizes data under the common vision of a Data Platform guided by strategic business objectives, is essential.
Our approach to Automotive Data Strategy is structured around three main, strongly interconnected steps. The first one, based on a technological-architectural assessment, aims to identify and analyze the state of the art in Data & Analytics: we have explored and analyzed data structures, communication channels, data transformation processes and technologies used, in order to have a clear picture of the starting situation and identify GAPs and focus points with respect to corporate strategies.
The second step, according to strategic business objectives, then focuses on developmental needs. We have carried out analysis and interviews in all key business areas: Sales, Service, Marketing, Digital, Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and other strictly staff areas such as Finance, HR, IT and Internal Audit. Thanks to this analysis, we can identify and stimulate desired Business Use Cases with the objective of overcoming inefficiencies or critical points, assigning them evaluations of expected benefit and implementation complexity.
The last step concerns the definition of a solid and modern technological architecture that, thanks to the use of methodological best-practices, can enable functionalities meeting the needs collected in the Use Cases and that, at the same time, preserves the value of the investments made thanks to the implementation of a developmental roadmap.
Thanks to the introduction of such a structured Data Strategy, our client can successfully complete many activities, including:
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of assets in the Data & Analytics area already available at the “company” level;
- Identification and formalization of the desired Use Cases, in line with the strategic business objectives;
- Definition of the logical and technological architecture to support the Use Cases and forecast of the associated budget expenses;
- Formalization of the methodological approach and the Best-Practices necessary to adapt all the assets already present to the new Data Platform;
- Definition of the design roadmap aimed at the incremental release of the functionality necessary to complete the design process;
- Assessments to support the definition of the budget and the efforts necessary to carry out the entire initiative.