Better products and customer care with smart insights
Haier Europe – always looking to the future thanks to the continuous research of new technologies and innovations – has in recent years set records in terms of successes and achievements that confirm it, for the eleventh consecutive year, at the top of the household appliance brands in the world.
Haier Europe’s IoT Ecosystem project puts the Smart Home concept into practice by harnessing the Internet of Things to meet the needs and expectations of its consumers. As part of the project, we partnered with the group by implementing a new analytics platform to support the IoT Ecosystem analysis to monitor the use of smart devices and gain insight into Marketing, R&D and Maintenance.
The impressive amount of data produced by smart devices and the strategic importance of the decisions taken on them has ascribed a dual objective to our project:
- To ensure a back end technological infrastructure able to process a high data volume and to enable advanced analysis scenarios, applying Artificial Intelligence techniques;
- To develop a reliable front end solution to enable analysis to support decision-making in Marketing, and to enable product development through the definition and monitoring of strategic KPIs on the use of smart devices by users.
Starting from criteria of quality, effectiveness and modularity we have designed a Data Platform for the analysis of IoT data. In order to express the potential of this data in a visual, intuitive and interactive way, we have devised a data model based on Analytics, with direct involvement of Haier Europe: this has allowed us to set up an important dialogue between contacts with different skills.
Through the Analytics system we have developed for Haier Europe’s IoT Ecosystem, it is now possible to:
- Have a detailed and complete view of the usage of smart devices;
- Enable advanced data analysis scenarios, applying Artificial Intelligence techniques;
- Monitor key KPIs on user behavior and device usage distribution for better decision-making;
- Analyze the customer segmentation on the basis of the frequency of use of the devices, and thus enable a “tailoring” of the commercial offer;
- Understand the ways and plans of use of the most common and uncommon devices to draw important implications in Research & Development as a basis for new implementations;
- Launch the process of improving the user-application interaction and, consequently, the customer care process in the Smart Home environment.